Saturday, March 16, 2013

Well, Keep Doing What You're Doing, I Guess...

A few weeks ago I saw my cardiologist at Barnes and Noble. I hadn't seen him in quite some time and actually, yes, I'm past due for one of those stress test things. Yep, I haven't seen him in years.
"Hi."
"Nice to see you."
"You still working?"
"No, actually quit a couple of years ago. Well, worked until I was 71."
"Oh, didn't know you were that old."
"Yes, now 73."
"You look good. What are you doing?"
"Well, you know. I get no exercise, smoke and drink a lot, eat mainly fast-food, and wow, my sleep is really messed-up."
The natural flow of  the back and forth of the conversation came to a halt.
My cardiologist then said, something like, "Well, I guess you should keep doing what you're doing."


Now, did he actually say that, Keep doing what you're doing? Frankly, can't remember exactly what he said. However, he didn't chastise me about my living habits.

And, so it goes....

No comments:

Post a Comment