Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Can Service Get Any Better Than This?

A few weeks ago, decided I wanted to get some breakfast. Yep, it was about 6:00am. Looked around on the Internet and decided to try a new place. Yes, I'd been through the drive though many times but had never sat down for a "meal."
So, at 6:30am my Nook and I arrived. The folks were all quite pleasant and the meal was decent. Scrambled eggs, bacon, and a biscuit with sausage gravy. And, as I'm a senior, yep, the coffee was on the house. Decent meal and pleasant people. And, the eggs actually tasted like scrambled eggs are supposed to taste. So, what's not to like.
Well, should I try two days in a row? I did.
As soon as I opened the door, I was greeted by, Good morning, Mr. George. By the time I got to the counter my coffee was waiting for me.
Would you like the egg platter again?
Mr. George? The young lady remembered my name from my credit card!
Hey, how can you beat service like that? You can't.
So, what restaurant was this?
Chick-fil-A.
Yeah, I know, a few months ago there was all of the controversy about the owner, Caffee (sp). Yes, there were going to be boycotts, and others were going to drive hundreds of miles to show their support. Of course, it was a big non-event. Yes, it was fun reading the comments to the newspaper. And, no I surely don't believe and of the things Caffee (sp) believes. But, that's the way it is.
Ironically, some folks thought they'd really show Caffee (sp) by not giving their business to a local business man or woman. Come on folks, try engaging your brains once in a while. Mr. Caffee (sp) is worth a trillion dollars. He will never be harmed financially by anything you folks do.
I use to jokingly say I wanted to find a bar that when I went in they'd all call out, Norm. Well, this is as close as I'll ever get.

No comments:

Post a Comment