Thursday, March 14, 2013

Does God Have A Lot of Servers? Dang, He's Busy...

Recently, unless I'm mistaken, I read that the world's population is approaching 9,000,000,000. Wow, that's a large number. Where am I going here? Yes, I know your God (OK, I'll use a capital...) is all powerful and performs miracles and so on. But, let's look at the figures. From Wikipedia it seems that the death rate is expressed in number of deaths per 1,000 per year. “Mortality rate is typically expressed in units of deaths per 1000 individuals per year; thus, a mortality rate of 9.5 in a population of 100,000 would mean 950 deaths per year in that entire population, or 0.95% out of the total.” Also, “The crude death rate, the total number of deaths per year per 1000 people. As of July 2009 the crude death rate for the whole world is about 8.37 per 1000 per year according to the current CIA World Factbook.” OK, I'm going to be conservative. For my example, I'm going to use a world population of 8,000,000,000 and a death rate of 8 people per thousand per year. With me, so far? Now, how many would God have to process in a day? You know, as he sits there and decides whether they go up or down: Heaven or Hell. Follow my math, I surely could be making a mistake somewhere here. OK, 8,000,000,000 X .8 = 640,000,000 deaths per year. Wow, could my math be correct? Dang. Let me check that again...I was wrong. 64,000,000 people die per year. OK. Now, 64.000,000/365=175,342 people that God has to process a day. Wow. How many minutes in a day? 24 *60= 1440 minutes a day or 86,400 seconds a day. Now, let's see. 175,342/86,400=2.03... Now, unless I've made another mistake here, that means that every second of every day, for an eternity, if you will, God has to process 2.03 people. Yes, every second...you up, you down. You Heaven, you Hell. Folks, does that make sense to you? Hey, plus God has all of his other chores. You know, miracles, hurricanes, diseases, well....you know, all of his other Godly duties in ruling the universe. Oh, yeah. That football player, Tebow, hey, God has to look in on him from time to time...and of course he has to talk to several of the Republicans who are running for president. Dang, I'm exhausted just thinking about it. But, of course, He's God. I'm sure he can handle it.
Well, I told my brother about this post. He said that God would have to be checking them in, also. Yes, he said that he'd have to be checking in all of the new births. Wow, I just can't imagine it all. Mercy. I guess old God has a lot of servers for his computers......................

No comments:

Post a Comment