Saturday, April 20, 2013

Bertolli Marinara Sauce With Burgundy Wine...Another Contender!

Well, in Kroger a couple of days ago and yes, Bertolli sauces were a dollar off if you buy five. This was the first time I saw this sauce and they only had one jar left.
Anyway, tried to find out the difference between a regular sauce and marina. Didn't want to spend but so much time and  the best I could come up with, is that marina uses just a few spices, no meats, and no chunky stuff...you know, peppers, onions, mushrooms.
OK, this test, I added meatballs and served on angel hair. This stuff was great. Yes, you could taste the burgundy...surely not overwhelming by any means and you could also smell it as the sauce was heating. The sauce wasn't thin but surely wasn't overly thick. Yes, I will buy the is again. I just noticed Classico has a similar sauce. Next time at the store I'm going to look for it.


April 22, 2013... OK, folks. Yes, had this again with meatballs...and, yes, it was great. Had it over regular-size spaghetti noodles. You know, the thickest noodles. I guess these are the noodles that many of us grew-up with. The regular old spaghetti noodles. Yes, back before our mom's knew or cared about angel hair and such.
This is a great sauce. Yes, you can taste a little sweetness and the burgandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment